Thursday, August 30, 2012

My OPI Collection- Part 1

So today I'm embarking on a journey of four blog posts, encompassing my collection of two of my favourite two nail polish brands- China Glaze and OPI.
I will be splitting each brand into two parts, so four different blog posts altogether.

Today I'm writing the first part of my OPI collection. I have less OPI than China Glaze nail polishes, but the amount is pretty much the same.

This isn't a gigantic collection, but added altogether, the collection would put quite a big dent in my cash supply!!
I will not be swatching these (I think I would eventually pass out from all the nail polish fumes), but I will be showing the bottle shots in natural light, so you can get the best idea of what they are like. Additionally, I will give a short description-colour, longevity and sheer/opaque.

Well, that's all that's needed for an intro, so without further ado- My OPI Collection: Part 1!

OPI Nail Polishes:

1) OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest
OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest

This is from OPI's most recent collection, Germany. It is a dark based polish with blue/red/purple shimmery undertones. This is opaque in one coat, but I usually do two to even everything out.
The formula on this is really good! It's smooth and flows evenly. It's really good if you have somewhere to be and need to do something about your nails.
To see what this looks like on the nails, check out my most recent NOTD post.

2) OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know?
OPI Wooden Shoe to Know?

Before we get into the actual nail polish, how cute is this name? I love when OPI makes (good) puns.
This polish was from their Holland collection for Spring/Summer 2012. This is a medium chocolate brown with gold shimmer. It comes on darker than it does in the bottle, and the gold shimmer is less noticeable on the nails. You could probably get away with two coats on this one, but I would give it three.

3) OPI Designer, De Better!
OPI Designer De Better

This is from OPI's last holiday collection, the Muppets, to coincide with the release of the movie. This polish is a champagne foil with bronze specks. Two coats would be best for this one. This one is a little tricky to remove, but that's usually the case with foils. They're like the middle ground between shimmer polishes and glitter polishes. This colour is pretty accurate to what you see in the bottle.

4) OPI Warm and Fozzie
OPI Warm and Fozzie

Also from the Muppets collection, this polish is a complex one. It is shimmery mix of mostly brown, but there is some green, yellow and pink glitter in there! This is also a foil. The colour is accurate to what you see in the bottle, but in some lights, it can look a lot lighter.
This one is a little sheer, needing three coats to be completely opaque.

4) OPI Uh Oh Roll Down the Window
OPI Uh Oh Roll Down the Window

For starters, lovely name, OPI. That gives me a wonderful mental image! This is from Fall 2012's Touring America collection. When I initially bought this, I was on the hunt for an olive green. After looking at swatches online, this looked perfect. After putting it on, I was disappointed to see that it dried about a full two shades darker than in the bottle. It turned into more of a forest green than olive green, but it was still a nice colour. 
This one is a two-coater.


So that's it for part 1 of my OPI collection!! Stay tuned for part 2!


Thanks for reading!!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment